Baby bottle tooth decay in Paterson, New Jersey, is a damaging dental problem that can affect your child’s oral health more than you know. In fact, it can lead to poor eating habits, speech problems, crooked teeth, and damaged permanent teeth. So, the best thing you can do for your child and their smile is prevent this issue as much as possible, and our Comfort Dental Care team is more than happy to help you do so. All you need to do are the following things:
– Wipe your child’s gums with a clean washcloth or gauze pad after each meal.
– Brush your child’s teeth once they grow into place with a child-sized toothbrush and a rice-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste.
– Floss your child’s smile at least once a day once two teeth have grown in next to each other.
– Make sure your child’s chompers are receiving the proper amount of fluoride.
– Don’t send your child to bed with a bottle full of sugary liquid.
– Don’t dip your child’s binky in sugar or honey before giving it to them.
– Bring your child in for their first dental checkup by the time they are 1 year old.
If you would like more information and details, please remember that you can always call Dr. Jorge Bastidas and our team at 973-742-2610 during our office hours. We are here to help you in any way we can, and we also encourage you to schedule an appointment with your dentist if you think your child has fallen victim to baby bottle tooth decay. We look forward to giving your child the strong and successful oral health they deserve.