A dental crown is a tooth-shaped covering that is placed over a tooth to restore its size, strength, and appearance. Dr. Jorge Bastidas may recommend a dental crown in Paterson, New Jersey, for the following purposes:
- To protect a weak tooth
- To hold together a cracked tooth
- To restore a broken or worn down tooth
- To support a tooth with a large filling
- To anchor a dental bridge
- To cover irregularly shaped teeth
- To cover discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant
- To make a cosmetic improvement
Before placing a crown, our dentist may take X-rays to check the tooth roots. If there is extensive decay or a risk of infection, root canal therapy may be performed. To prepare the tooth for a crown, our dentist will remove a small amount of enamel. This allows room for the dental crown in your mouth. An impression will be taken of the tooth so a crown can be constructed. When the crown is ready, our dentist will check the fit and make any necessary adjustments. Then he will permanently cement the crown in place.
We encourage you to contact Comfort Dental Care today to learn more and to schedule an appointment!