Do you have missing teeth that make you self-conscious of your smile? Do you wear uncomfortable dentures? Are you uncomfortable with having good tooth structure removed to make a dental bridge? If so, Dr. Jorge Bastidas may recommend dental implants in Paterson, New Jersey! Dental implants are replacement tooth roots that serve as a foundation for replacement teeth. Dental implants have the following advantages:
- Dental implants look and feel natural
- They fuse with your jawbone and become permanent
- Dental implants allow you to speak more easily than with dentures
- It is easier to eat with implants than with dentures
- They give you back your smile
- Implants do not require tooth reduction
- They are durable and can last a lifetime
Before placing a dental implant, our dentist will discuss your smile goals with you and inspect the current state of your smile. The implant, a small titanium post, is surgically placed into the bone socket of the missing tooth. As your jawbone heals, it will grow around the post, anchoring it in your jaw. Healing takes six to twelve weeks. After the implant has bonded to your jawbone, our dentist will attach an abutment, a small connector post, to the implant. Impressions of your teeth will be taken so a replacement tooth can be constructed. When it is ready, the replacement tooth will be attached to the abutment.
We welcome you to contact Comfort Dental Care today to learn more and to schedule a consultation.